Phuket is one of Thailand’s most popular tourist destinations. The island has preserved its idyllic beaches and has accepted modernity. To make the most of it: Phuket, the guide.
Advice, essential information to know where to go and what to do … without wasting time!
- Name in Thai: เทศบาลนครภูเก็ต
- Distance from Bangkok: 840 km
- Area: 543 km2 - the largest island in Thailand
- Population : 525 000 inhabitants (21% foreigners)
- Province: Phuket
- Main activities: tourism
- High season: December - April
- Number of days on site: 4 days.
- Main interests: Maritime Park, beaches, nearby islands
Phuket International Airport: The main gateway to the island, offering both domestic and international flights.
Phuket Airport Guide: Transport, Rentals, and Tips
All the practical information about Phuket International Airport to make your departure and arrival easier and to avoid wasting time! Transport info, rentals and all the little tips for a smooth trip.
Transport to Phuket
Transportation in Phuket: Your Essential Guide
Phuket is one of the most popular destinations for travelers and is easily accessible, with daily flights and bus services. Here is an overview of transportation options, including timetables and prices.
Getting around Phuket
Taxis: Easily available for getting around the island, but make sure to negotiate the fare in advance.
Local Buses: Phuket has a reliable bus network that connects major tourist areas. It’s an affordable way to get around.
Car Rentals: Several car rental companies provide services at the airport and throughout Phuket. It’s a convenient option for exploring the island at your own pace.
Things to Do and See:
Beaches: Phuket is famous for its stunning beaches, such as Patong Beach, Kata Beach, and Karon Beach. Enjoy sunbathing, swimming, and water activities.
Phuket : beach festival 2022
New idea to boost tourism in Thailand: the Phuket Beach Festival. On the programme: surfing and music!
Island Hopping: Embark on boat tours to nearby islands like Phi Phi Islands, James Bond Island, and Similan Islands. Experience crystal-clear waters and breathtaking landscapes.
Thailand can boast a large number of islands and national parks spread between the Gulf of Siam and the Andaman Sea. All the information on islands to discover absolutely.
Old Phuket Town: Explore the charming streets of Old Phuket Town, known for its colorful Sino-Portuguese buildings, art galleries, and local markets.
- Wat Chalong: Visit the largest and most important Buddhist temple in Phuket, known for its beautiful architecture and spiritual significance.
- Big Buddha: Marvel at the iconic Big Buddha statue located on Nakkerd Hill. Enjoy panoramic views of Phuket from this vantage point.
Phuket offers a wide range of accommodations catering to different budgets and preferences. From luxury resorts to budget-friendly guesthouses, you’ll find options to suit your needs.
Popular areas to stay include Patong Beach, Kata Beach, Karon Beach, and Kamala Beach. Consider factors like proximity to the beach, amenities, and nearby attractions when choosing a hotel.
Nightlife and Dining:
- Patong Beach is renowned for its vibrant nightlife, featuring numerous bars, clubs, and entertainment venues. Enjoy live music, dance shows, and bustling night markets.
- Phuket’s dining scene offers a variety of cuisines, from traditional Thai dishes to international flavors. Try local delicacies at street food stalls, seafood restaurants, and upscale eateries.