Mango Sticky Rice - Kao-niew Ma-muang
Sticky Rice with Mango or Kao-niew Ma-muang is The Thai dessert. It is one of the classics and one of the tastiest. An easy recipe that will please everyone!
- One mango
- 250 ml coconut milk - if possible thick coconut milk.
- 350 ml of waterss
- 1 tsp salt
- 125 grams of sugar (brown)
- 200 grams of sticky rice
Recipe ofKao-niew Ma-muang
1. Cook the sticky rice, 30 minutes in the steam.
To have good sticky rice, it is necessary to let it soak in water minimum 3 hours. To make a perfect success of sticky rice, it must soak overnight.
2. Preparation of coconut sauce
- Mix in a container: water, coconut milk, sugar and salt.
- Stir until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Filter the mixture
- Once filtered, heat over low heat until boiling.
- Reserve a large third. This will serve as a sauce.
3. Rice preparation:
- Add the sticky rice to the coconut sauce.
- Heat over low heat while stirring
- The rice should absorb all the sauce.
- Remove from heat when rice is very sticky
- In a plate put a piece of mango, a little rice and a little coconut sauce
- To be enjoyed cold or warm.
- Enjoy your meal.
Other cooking ideas:
Other Thai dish and dessert recipes that are easy to make and always good to eat!