Thai dessert recipe, Gluai Namwa Chuean or banana in syrup. Easy to make, few ingredients and another way to eat bananas.
- 6 small or 3 large bananas
- 3 limes (the lemon is more acidic, only one will be enough)
For the syrup:
- 300 grams of sugar
- 200 ml of water
Recipe : Gluai Namwa Chuean
- Peel and cut the bananas into quarters
- Put everything in a large bowl.
- Squeeze the limes. Dilute the juice in a little water to completely cover the bananas in the bowl.
- Soak in limewater for about 1/2 hour.
- In a saucepan pour the sugar and the water
- Mix gently over low heat to completely dissolve the sugar in the water.
- Once the sugar has dissolved, filter using a clean cloth.
- Return the syrup to low heat and bring to a boil.
Stir in the bananas:
- Remove the bananas from the saucepan and rinse them with clean water.
Tips : Keep the juice. This makes a nice little slightly acidic fruit juice with a scent of banana ... very refreshing
- Add the bananas to the syrup.
- Put on low heat and stir regularly
- Take them out when they start to take on a little color.
Note: The color of cooked bananas depends on the type of banana. Some tend towards a very pretty red / pink. Others towards a brown color ... which does not make you want! But the taste remains the same!
How to serve Gluai Namwa Chuean
- You can eat it hot like that directly or with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- Or cold. It is an ideal dessert to discover another way of eating bananas!
Tips : Bananas can be replaced by either sweet potatoes or pumpkin. It's the same recipe ...
This post is also available in: Français